The Motor Traffic and Transport Department (MTTD) of the Ghana Police Service will on Tuesday September 15, 2020 block some major roads in the capital as part of efforts to control the traffic situation ahead of the ECOWAS meeting in Accra.
The meeting which is being convened by the Chairman of the ECOWAS, President Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo is aimed at addressing the political instability in Mali.
The roads to be closed are:
- Kotoka international airport to the Liberation road at Opeibea
- Airport bypass through to the Liberation Road
- Kempinski Hotel to National Theatre on the Independence Avenue
- Liberation Road through to N4 to Padease
- Liberation Road from 37 through Obasanjo street to Tang place hotel
- Independence Avenue from the National Theatre to Arko-Adjei